Eaton (MEM) Exel switch disconnectors and switch-disconnector fuses
- Units have removable moving contact assemblies to facilitate wiring.
- Exel 2 surface-mounting enclosures are fabricated from rust-protected sheet steel with a light grey paint finish.
- Removable blank top and bottom end plates (except for 20 and 32A top end plates which incorporate knockouts) and gasket doors give IP41 protection.
- Chromium-plated front operated handles, with “ON (I) OFF (O)” indication, and internal fixing enabling units to be mounted closely side by side.
- Interiors comprise porcelain bases fitted with non-ferrous conducting components.
Fuses and fuse carriers
- HRC fuse carriers are designed for offset contact fuse links to BS 88: Part 2.
- Eaton HRC fuse links fitted to switch-disconnector- fuses are suitable on systems up to 415V AC.
- Eaton fuses used in these products are also suitable for 250V DC systems.
- All performance tests have been carried out using Eaton BS88 fuselinks.
- Units are fitted with HRC Fuselinks of maximum rating but will accept fuselinks of a lower rating
- HRC pattern switchfuses are fitted with type SCH carriers (20A, 32A, 63A-moulded; 100A, 125A-porcelain).
- The motor ratings assigned to TPN switch-disconnector units are utilisation category AC23A (frequent operation) to BS EN 60947-3, which calls for make and break testing at 10 and 8 times rated current respectively for units having a motor rating up to and including 100 Amps.
- Ratings for switch-disconnector-fuses are dependent on suitable HRC fuses being fitted
Maximum cable sizes are: 20A–6mm2, 32A–10mm2, 63A–35mm2, 100/125A–70mm2.